Cranbourne Shire Offices

Maker
Joan Ingpen Bognuda
Production date
1983
See full details

Object Detail


Production date
1983
Description
Watercolour depicting the Shire of Cranbourne Offices and surrounding garden. Signed and dated by the artist in the lower right corner and titled in the lower left corner.

The Shire of Cranbourne Municipal Offices in Sladen Street, Cranbourne, officially opened on 22 April 1978 by the Governor of Victoria, Sir Henry Winneke, were designed by the architectural firm Leith Barrett & Partners and built by H.C.F Constructions. Council decided in 1974 to create the new offices due to the City’s increasing population, which demanded more services from Council and therefore more Council staff to deliver them. Council staff commenced working in the building in January 1978 with the first Council meeting in the new building was held in February 1978.

Following the restructuring of the local government area and establishment of the City of Casey in 1994, the building stopped being used for Council purposes and was taken over by Cranbourne Community Health Services.
Artist/Maker and role
Joan Ingpen Bognuda: Artist
Associated person
Media/Materials description
watercolour on paper
Measurements
37.0 x 75.0 cm (sight), 62.5 x 110.0 x 3.0 cm (frame).
Signature & date
Signed and dated in ink in the lower right corner "Joan Ingpen Bognuda./ '83". Inscribed in ink in the lower right corner "CRANBOURNE SHIRE OFFICES."
Photography credit (first image)
Photograph: Viki Petherbridge
System ID
1429

Colours


Subject category


Part of 2 highlight sets

Share

Comments


Be the first to comment.